Friday, January 4, 2013

Goodbye 2012!

I'm not very good at setting good new years resolutions, so I've pretty much stopped. Instead, I like to spend some time reviewing the last year, things I did, learned, experienced and why I am so grateful for the year I had. Here are some of the highlights starting from the end of the year and working backwards (some things may be out of order).

1. I got married to my best friend, love of my life, goofball, make me laugh everyday, understand when I'm being a weirdo, wipe the snow off my car, give me his jacket, give me his giraffe biscuits, kiss me with my morning breath, and ask if he can rub my feet husband. We met in February and have loved every minute together and will continue to do so. This is the highlight of my year :)

2. Along with getting married, I got a second family. I love them all so much and it's crazy that I really haven't known them for very long at all. I feel so blessed to have Marty, David, Christopher and Emily as part of my family and I am grateful that they have accepted me so readily. 

3. Last Winter Semester was really hard. Thankfully, I had teachers that understood that I was going through a hard time and worked with me on deadlines and such. I still think of them fondly. 

4. I lived with some awesome girls. Tina and Cami were both engaged when I lived with them but somehow we all still got to be friends. Jess and Sarah were awesome, but I already knew that. Now Jess is engaged and Sarah is living in poop Idaho.  We miss her. Most of my awesome roommate experiences this last year were with Marie and Jessica (and Lyss).  From the nerts competitions, Bones marathons, random McDonald's runs, the Bachelorette party, the sweet blanket fort, sun burns, the pranks and being scared of Samara we had some pretty sweet times. I can confidently say that if I had not gotten married I would have lived with them for the rest of college, if they let me. 

5. I did a few things for the first time: Went to the Everglades, flew in a private plane, pulled an all nighter for school,went to a bar, and fed a giraffe. 

Overall, this has been a fantastic year. There have been a few rough spots but overall much better than I could have imagined a year ago. 

I also like to look forward to the new year: 

-I get to spend my first year as a married person! YAHOO :) Hopefully that means some sweet financial aid as well.
-I'll get at least 2 more nieces and nephews. (hopefully one is on the way right now)
-Jess is getting married- that will be a blast :) 
-Because I am getting closer to finishing school I get to take a lot more teaching classes which I am thrilled about. 
-2 Family Reunions over the summer!
- I'm hoping to: play more racquetball, go to the archery range a few times, do well in classes, and cook more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment